Migraine can be defined as, “A severe recurring headache, usually affecting only one side of the head, that is characterized by sharp pain and is often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and visual disturbances”. The etiology of migraine is still unknown; however, migraine is thought to be caused due to the issue of abnormal brain activity temporarily altering nerve signals, chemicals, and blood circulation.
Yoga for migraine headaches brings quick relief, which is safe and easy, and is also ordered by doctors and medical experts today. Yoga also brings multiple other health benefits suggested further below:
Yoga For Migraine
Many medicines and antidepressants, and also other therapies like arterial surgery, occipital nerve stimulation, have been provided to get rid of this mysterious headache but it usually comes with its personal side effects. Thus, people have begun to look for alternative treatments for migraines, and here comes yoga for migraine headaches.
As the mind and body are associated, the steadiness of the body calms the mind! And yoga helps to resolve the disturbance balance of the body which in turn gives a peaceful state of mind and helps to heal migraines.
Yoga Poses For Migraine Headache
When you have a peaceful mind, it is unpromising you can get a migraine attack. And practicing yoga benefits having a pleasant and peaceful mind! So, here are some easy and useful yoga poses that are sure to help you cope up and finally get rid of migraines as a whole.
Hastapadasana (Standing Forward Bend)
This yoga poses is also generally known as the Hand-to foot pose, and by its name, it is very clear that in this pose, you are supposed to bend your torso forward and touch your legs with your hands. While doing this pose you need to make certain to keep your knees straight hands, your feet or catching your ankle, and most importantly, your head much to moving your knee.
- Improves blood circulation to refresh your nervous system.
- Soothes your mind
- Enhances focus and concentration.
- Useful to increase height
- Decreases belly fat, and problems related to the gastrointestinal tract like constipation, indigestion and for girls also help to get rid of menstrual problems.
- Increases spine and improves flexibility.
Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
This pose is really a resting pose after doing some intense yoga or Pranayama. Similarly, Shavasana is one of the most comfortable poses to do as it requires no physical strength or excursion; however, this pose is one of the strongest ones to master.
- This pose helps to ease the muscular and skeletal tension.
- Helps in improving creativity as the meditative state of yoga in Shavasana has been shown to serve to slow the active beta brainwaves in support of the slower states of alpha and theta brainwaves.
- Develop the ability to notice the things like the body’s breathing and heartbeat as well as form calmer and more relaxed states as it progresses interception and awareness of the internal body.
Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
In this pose, you are supposed to keep your legs crossed and knees bend in such a way that every foot is on top of the other leg’s thigh. Many Yogis have this position during meditation and many ancient pictures show god and goddess placed in this posture.
Moreover, this position is sure to make you aware of your breathing, and awareness of the breathing process also improves to steady the mind.
- Calms the mind and eases the brain to focus on the breath.
- Raise awareness and attentiveness
- Keeps the backbone straight for a longer duration and helps to keep the body steady.
- Restore force level
- Opens up the hips which can give immense help for the delivery of the baby.
- Loosens the joint and ligament.
Marjariasana (Cat Stretch)
Marjariasana or cat pose is an asana where Marjari indicates cat and asana means posture or pose. This asana is very crucial to give an amazing feline stretch to the body. This pose, from its name, is clear is encouraged by a cat and it directs impacts the spinal cord and helps to stretch and relax it with each in and out respiration.
- Required to relieve backache
- Helps in promoting circulation throughout the body and especially in the brain.
- Improve digestion by pressing the digestive tract and digestive organs.
Trying meditation or medication is completely reliant on the person suffering from migraines. However, trying yoga to help you through your mental tantrum can ultimately help to get rid of the migraine from the center.
These given are the yoga poses that help the person to relieve migraines.