Tessa Thompson is an American actress who first became known for her roles in For Colored Girls and Mississippi Damned. Since then, she has been in Men in Black 3, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Endgame, Creed, Selma, and the popular HBO show Westworld.
Many of these roles require Tessa to do stunts and other physically demanding scenes, so she needs to be in great shape to be successful and believable in each role. We did a lot of research on Tessa Thompson’s workouts and diet, but this is not exactly what she does.
It’s a collection of her thoughts from social media, interviews she’s done, and advice from trainers and industry experts.
- Height: 5 ft 4 inches
- Weighs: 120 pounds
- Age: 39 years
- Date of birth: Oct. 3, 1983
- Awards: Dear White People and Creed won the African American Film Critics Award, Dear White People won the Gotham Award, Selma won the Hampton International Film Festival Award, and Passing won the 2021 New York Film Critics Online Award.
Even though she is one of the most toned superheroes in the Marvel universe, Tessa Thompson is honest about how her training and diet for Thor: Ragnarok were not sustainable for her lifestyle and body type. She tried and failed to eat as much as Chris Hemsworth.
Tessa is proud of what her body can do, but the pressure to look a certain way doesn’t change how she works out or what she eats. She wants to look forward to working out and wants to enjoy it. Too much restriction, on the other hand, can lead to bad habits, so Tessa Thompson likes to keep her relationship with food and exercise relaxed and stress-free.
Tessa Thompson’s Workout Routine
Tessa likes going to the gym and changing her workouts to do as many different things as possible. She wants to do everything from circuit training to cardio, HIIT, powerlifting, and strength training. She likes the challenge of new workouts and classes and loves pushing herself to new limits.
She doesn’t put too much stock in exercise but knows that working out 3–4 times a week is good for your health.
Here’s what Tessa Thompson does to work out:
Monday: Full Body Workout
Tessa starts her week with a full-body workout that gets her heart rate up and helps her keep her toned body.
Run on the treadmill for half a mile.
- Front squat (3 sets, ten reps)
- Arnold put out (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Push up (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Leg raise (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Plank (3 sets, hold for 30 seconds)
- Skull crusher (3 sets, 10 reps)
Tuesdays: Cardio and Pop Fitness
- Tessa likes hiking, running, and cycling to get her heart rate up. She also likes Pop Physique, a ballet barre class to make lean, tight muscles.
On Tuesday, Tessa will go to a Pop Physique class, take a cycle class on a stationary bike, or go for a jog outside. It depends on how she feels, how much time she has, how much energy, and how her body is feeling.
Wednesday: Workouts for the whole body
The full-body strength training program on Wednesday works almost all of the upper body and core muscles. Thompson loves strength training because it helps her burn fat and feel strong afterward.
- Run a half mile
Circuit for Strength Training:
- Pike push-up (5 sets, 15 reps)
- Jump squat (5 sets, 10 reps)
- Burpee (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Sit up (3 sets, 30 reps)
- Leg raise (3 sets, 20 reps per leg)
- Reverse Superman hold (3 seconds, 10 seconds)
Thursday: Go outside and run
Tessa tries to go for a run once a week so she can get some fresh air and enjoy being outside. She likes the energy of a fitness class and working out in a gym, but she also thinks it’s essential to spend time in nature.
Friday – Arms
Tessa Thompson worked out between sets filming Thor: Ragnarok to keep her pump going and build strength and muscle mass. Here’s a workout for her arms that she did almost every day:
- Head up (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Pull up (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Do a bench press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Triceps stretch (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Curl hammer (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Skull crusher (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Triceps pushdown (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Dip (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Bicep curl (3 sets, 10 reps)
Saturday – Pop Physique
- Tessa goes to another Pop Physique class on Saturday to get her to fill in cardio and sculpting. She loves how lively and fun these classes are, and she’s proud of how strong she’s become by sticking with this workout program.
Sunday – Day of Rest
- Tessa Thompson doesn’t go to the gym on Sunday. Instead, she lets her body rest and heal.
Tessa Thompson Diet Plan
Tessa Thompson finds it easy to stick to a strict diet when getting ready for a role because she can see the result. She doesn’t pay too much attention to what she eats most of the time. She eats food that gives her energy and makes her feel good.
Here’s Tessa Thompson’s diet:
- Whole wheat toast with avocado
- Half a grapefruit
- Dark Coffee
- The almonds and nuts
- 8 oz. of kombucha.
- Chicken that has been grilled
- The brown rice
- Alfredo sauce on the pasta
- Green salad
View this post on Instagram
Tessa Thompson is a great actress and a good person for speaking out against social problems that affect people worldwide. She is also an absolute beast in the gym and has the body of a female superhero.
Tessa’s job depends on her being fit, and takes it very seriously. Can you stick to a workout plan with this much intensity? Good things take time, so take small steps today, and you’ll be proud of how far you’ve come in a short time.