Sophia Taylor Ali is a well-known American actress who has been in shows such as Faking It, Grey’s Anatomy, Truth or Dare, and The Wilds. She co-stars with Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg in the upcoming film Uncharted.
This role, in particular, required Sophia Ali to increase her strength, endurance, and muscle bulk to undertake stunts for her character, Chloe Frazer. We investigated Sophia Taylor Ali’s fitness program, although this is not her workout plan.
Instead, it’s a compilation of facts from Sophia’s interviews, regular workouts for women in the film industry, and professional perspectives.
Height: 5 ft 8 inches
Weight: 115 pounds
Age: 26 years
Birthdate: November 7, 1995
Accolades: She is known for her roles in The Wilds, Uncharted, Grey’s Anatomy, Truth or Dare, Famous in Love, Faking It, Barney and Friends, and K Street.
Rules for Workouts
Sophia Ali was born in San Diego and raised there by her parents, Asim Ali and Brooke Ali. She loved living on the California coast. Shan Ali and Kamran Ali, her younger brothers, were very competitive and loved to play sports and games against each other.
She worked six days a week in the gym to build muscle and get more vital for her role as Chloe Frazer in Uncharted. She also ate clean to burn fat and get stronger.
Sophia Taylor Ali’s Workout Routine
Sophia Ali worked hard to become the brave and strong Chloe Frazer in Uncharted. During filming, she did a lot of intense strength training to get stronger, faster, and have more stamina. Sophia had to do more exercise and cardio for this role than she was used to, but she stuck with it.
Here is the workout plan for Sophia Taylor Ali:
In Uncharted, Chloe Frazer spends a lot of time chasing Nathan Drake (Tom Holland) and Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) around Panama while running, fighting, and chasing them. Sophia Taylor Ali did cardio twice a week to prepare for this. This helped her build up her stamina.
- Warm-up with a jump rope or battle rope (3-5 minutes)
- Burpees (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Squat jumps (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Jumping jacks (3 sets, 50 reps)
- 30 minutes on the stair climber or exercise bike
Tuesday: Shoulders and biceps
On Tuesday, Sophia Taylor Ali does a set of exercises for her chest and arms to help her build muscle and get stronger. Here’s how she works out her chest and biceps:
- A press with weights at an angle (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Don’t do push-ups (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Dumbbell pullover (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Dumbbell curl (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Curl up preacher (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
Sophia Ali likes to mix up her workouts by doing kickboxing in addition to lifting weights and doing traditional cardio exercises. Here’s how she usually works out with kickboxing:
- Punch, cross, jump, squat, switch
- Bag and shuffle quickly
- Change things up
- Back kick to knee strike
- Jump rope combo
- Horse position to push up
- Cross, upper, jab, and duck flat bench press with dumbbells (3-4 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Switching roundhouses
Legs – Thursday
Sophia Ali does this leg day routine at least once a week to shape and tone Chloe Frazer’s beautiful legs on set:
- Squat (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Leg extension (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Leg curl (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Calf raises while standing (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Deadlift (4 sets, 15 reps) (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Lunge (4 sets, 15 reps per leg)
- Glute bridge (4 sets, 15 reps)
Friday – Core
Sophia Ali does this ab burner three times every Friday to keep her core tight and toned. Keeping your core strength is essential for good posture, cardiovascular workouts, and upper body strength.
- Deadbug (3 sets, 25 reps per side)
- Crackle (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Russian twist (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Plank (3 sets, hold for 60 seconds)
- Climber of mountains (3 sets, 25 reps per side)
- Hold hollow (3 sets, hold for 30 seconds)
- V-Up (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Hanging leg raise (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Sit-up (3 sets, 25 reps)
- Side plank (3 sets, 25 reps each side)
This loop should be made three times.
On Saturday, Sophia Taylor Ali does another workout with cardio. Here’s another thing she could do to lose weight and get more vital for any role:
- Warm-up on the rowing machine (5 minutes)
- Kettlebell swings (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Cycling intervals (30 minutes)
Sunday – Day of Rest
- Sophia Ali relaxes with her family and friends in California on Sundays. She used to date Tyler Posey, so she likely spent Sundays with him.
Sophie Taylor Ali’s Diet
While training for Uncharted, Sophia Taylor Ali stuck to a low-carb, high-protein diet. She doesn’t eat processed foods, sugar, or foods with a lot of carbs. She drinks smoothies and salads to get her daily servings of vegetables and starts with a cup of coffee daily. She rarely has a cheat meal, but she does eat a small amount of dark chocolate when she wants something sweet.
This is what Sophia Taylor Ali eats:
- Three egg
- Green smoothies
- Grilled salmon
- Steamed veggies
- Baked sweet potato
- Chicken that has been grilled
- Fresh veggie salad
Sophia Taylor Ali is part of the next generation of Middle Eastern and Muslim actresses who are changing the way Hollywood looks and challenging its views on diversity. Ali is at the front of the movement for change in Hollywood. Both as Dahlia Qadri on Grey’s Anatomy and when she talks about how there aren’t enough stories about Muslim women.