Kiwi, the tangy sweet fruit, is a nutritious fruit. It has a lot of health benefits that not many people are aware of. Not all countries produce it locally and in most they are imported items. Eating one kiwi per day comes is beneficial. Let us know how.
Kiwi fruit: Health advantages
1. Science claims that the rich content of vitamin C in kiwi fruit is good for lung health and its regular intake brings down asthma symptoms. The fruit also has anti-oxidants in it that are good for lungs as well. Anti-oxidants have a great number of other usefulness for the body and hence kiwi fruits are good for general health of an individual.
2. Kiwi fruit can help fight infections and fungi. Hence it is good for body immunity. It possesses anti-bacterial and antifungal properties and eating it on a regular basis builds body defences against all types of germs.
3. The fruit prevents high rise of glucose post-lunch and has a good effect on the deranged adipose tissue deposition of diabetic patients. Consumption of this fruit by diabetics could them them achieve better blood sugar control.
4. Traditional Chinese medicine healers use the extract of kiwi fruit to fight cancer. It is useful to prevent DNA degeneration due to its rich anti-oxidant content. The chemicals in kiwi act at the cellular level and prevent cell damage and cancer cell formation.
More advantages of kiwi
5. Kiwi fruit has rich source of vitamin A and is good for vision. It can prevent macular degeneration of eye and this is also due to the phytochemicals lutein and zeaxanthin in it.
6. Kiwi fruit is rich in serotonin. This is good and beneficial for a sound sleep and hence having one kiwi in the evening could aid better sleep. It would be a good try for people suffering from sleep disorders such as insomnia.
7. Kiwi also has vitamin E that gives the skin a glow and good texture. It boosts a flawless skin and overcomes the lines and wrinkles of aging. Hence kiwi fruit has anti-ageing qualities and would make one feel young and healthy.
8. Kiwi fruit has vitamin C and this along with its content of phytochemicals like lutein and zeaxanthin aid better iron absorption. This is good for people with low hemoglobin of blood. Iron is an essential component of hemoglobin which gives the red tinge to the blood.
9. The fruit of kiwi is good also for the heart and blood vessels. The specific chemicals contained in kiwi prevent blood clogging in the arteries. These include vitamin E, C, and potassium that is in abundance in the fruit.
10. The kiwi fruit is extremely delicious and soft and pulpy. Everyone will relish it. Its sweet and sour taste is an additional reason for it being a favorite fruit amongst the people.
Doctors recommend eating one kiwi per day as it ensures good overall health and well-being of an individual. Additionally, it is stated that kiwis hasten platelet formation. Due to this, the kiwi fruit is advocated in patients of dengue in whom.platelet counts have fallen.
There are various recipes that one can make with kiwi fruit. It could be used in the main course and also as a side dish. It can be incorporated in salads and also made into a puree or sauce form. The fruit tastes good also with desserts and as toppings for ice creams and puddings. Chefs worldwide recommend this tasty fruit and have a number of food dishes made out of it. These are not only delicious but healthy too!!! What are you waiting for? Get your weekly stock of kiwis today!