Holding true to its name, the ‘Warrior Pose’ or the ‘virabhadrasana’, this yoga Asana is one of the most elegant postures in yoga, which projects only courage, strength, valor, determination, and discipline. Virabhadrasana II or Warrior 2 can be operated at any level; from the primary to the experienced yogi.
The word ‘Virabhadrasana’ or also spelled ‘Veerabhadrasana’ is called after the Hindu Divine character Beerabhadra, a fierce incarnation of Lord Shiva. ‘Veera’ in Sanskrit indicates hero, ‘Bhadra’ indicates friend, and Asana means postures. The story of the warrior Veerabhadra has a good that adds value to our life. Thus, it is believed that this position celebrates the achievements of the mythical warrior. this asana is usually called the Warrior Pose 2.
Being one of the most popular and authoritative asanas in Yoga, it is most useful to practice this yoga posture regularly, early in the morning. Nonetheless, there is no injury if you do it in the evening either. However, it is most beneficial to give this asana with a hollow stomach and bowels clean, Practicing Warrior Pose 2 regularly has numerous benefits when correctly done regularly.
Complete Instruction On Virabhadrasana II
How to do Warrior Pose 2?
- Stand both your leg wide separated at 3-4 feet with both of your back and knees accurate.
- Then, set your right foot to your right by 90 degrees and your left foot in by 15 degrees.
- Make sure that the end of the right foot is aligned with the center of the left foot.
- Now, allowing your palms upwards, raise both arms sideways till the top of your shoulders.
- Make sure that both arms resemble to your yoga Mat/Floor.
- Breathe and bend your right knee until your right knee and ankle are perpendicular to the ground/ Yoga Mat.
- Now, change the face towards the right side.
- When you feel comfy and stable, stretch your arms further and gently push your pelvis down.
- Most importantly, relax in the yoga position along with an attitude of a warrior- calm, disciplined, sincere, confident, and committed.
- As you go down, keep getting a long deep breath in and out.
- With a deep breath, come up slowly and steadily.
- Exhaling, slowly rest both your hands forward from the sides.
This ends your Half Round Warrior Pose 2 from the Right Side. For The left Side:
- Recite the exact instructions for the left side. Except,
- Alternatively of your right foot, turn your left foot out by 90 degrees and turn the right foot in by about 15 degrees.
- On the seventh instruction, apply your face/ head towards the left side, instead of the right side.
Benefits Of Virabhadrasana II (Warrior Pose 2)
Why should you do Virabhadrasana II?
- Produces a sense of strength, stability, confidence, and courage.
- Increases the hamstrings, calves, ankles, triceps, and shoulders.
- Also, tones, animate, and strengthens the abdominal organs, and improves digestion.
- Strengthen and blends the core, upper thighs, triceps, arms, legs, and lower back.
- Enhance the balance in the body.
- Eliminates unwanted body weight
- Improve stamina
- Good and highly valuable for ones with sedentary or desk-bound jobs.
- Highly useful for those with frozen shoulders or shoulder cramps.
- Release tension in the shoulders quickly.
- Cures sciatica, flat feet, osteoporosis, infertility, carpal tunnel syndrome, and backache.
- Progresses circulation and respiration.
The Virabhasana II requires a complete lot of flexibility in the upper body, and hip along with both strength and stability. The warrior Pose 2 perspectives both the Sthira- steadiness, and Sukhaease of the body. This asana affects the whole body and also makes us aware of the organs that are out of sight.
In this asana, keeping the back arm lifted and the back foot floored stimulates awareness. No wonder, having such high benefits, the Warrior Pose 2 is one of the most important as well as popular asanas practiced by Yoga all around the world.