Giovanni Ribisi is an American actor who is best known for his roles on the TV show Sneaky Pete and in the movies Saving Private Ryan, Avatar, A Million Ways to Die in the West, and Lost in Translation. He is also in The Wonder Years, My Name Is Earl, and Friends, where he plays Phoebe Buffay’s brother.
Giovanni is about the right height and weight for a man his age, and in most of his roles, he looks slim and muscular. But he’s been in a few movies where he had to gain weight. In this post, we’ll talk about how he safely gained a lot of weight for a few movies.
We looked into Giovanni Ribisi’s workouts and diet, but this post doesn’t have his exact schedule. Instead, it’s a collection of his thoughts on society, interviews he’s done, and information from industry experts.
What We Know Now
- Height: 5’7″
- Weight: 160 pounds
- Age: 47 years
- Birthdate: December 17, 1974
- Awards: Saving Private Ryan won the Online Film Critics Society award, and Heaven won the Golden Arena Award for Best Actor in a Foreign Film.
In the Paramount+ miniseries, Giovanni Ribisi plays the part of Joe Colombo. To look the part, Giovanni had to put on 45 pounds. Giovanni was willing to take on a challenge for his career by playing an iconic role that changed his body.
Giovanni was eating a lot to gain weight for The Offer, but he was also working out to make sure his weight gain was healthy and wouldn’t put too much stress on his body and joints. At his age, it can be hard to lose more than 40 pounds, especially if he gained them quickly.
Also, read Willem Dafoe’s Workout Routine & Diet Plan.
Giovanni Ribisi Workout Routine
During his training, Giovanni Ribisi worked hard to put on weight and muscle at the same time. He worked out four days a week, whether it was in the gym or outside.
It’s not clear if he worked with a trainer to gain this weight, but the actor stayed active and worked out regularly during training to gain weight safely and take care of his body.
He lifted weights and did low reps at the gym to build muscle without burning too much fat. He did cardio for two to three days a week by walking on a treadmill or going hiking outside. This gave him a change of pace and helped his heart health.
Here is the Giovanni Ribisi workout routine:
Monday – Walk
- After a long day of filming in the studio on Monday, Giovanni Ribisi goes for a walk outside.
Tuesday – Cardio & Upper Body
On Tuesday, Giovanni does a cardio warm-up on the treadmill and then some light upper body strength training.
- Walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes
- Face-up (2 sets, 8 reps)
- Chestnut (2 sets, 8 reps)
- Press from above (2 sets, 8 reps)
- Push up (2 sets, 8 reps)
- Lateral raise (2 sets, 8 reps)
- Hammer curl (2 sets, 8 reps)
- Triceps stretch (2 sets, 8 reps)
Wednesday – Walk
- On Wednesday, Giovanni goes for a 3–4-mile walk outside that is easy on his body. Walking helps your immune system work better, makes you feel better, and gives you more energy.
Thursday – Lower Body Training
- On Thursdays, Giovanni Ribisi works out his legs.
Training the lower body is important because it gives you a strong, stable base, improves your stamina, and helps you move your upper body in ways like throwing and reaching up.
- Back squat (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Front squat (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Leg press (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Leg extension (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Deadlift (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Lunge (3 sets, 10 reps)
Friday – Basketball
- On Friday, Giovanni Ribisi plays basketball at the gym.
Saturday & Sunday – Rest
- Giovanni Ribisi takes a break over the weekend to let his body heal and his mind relax.
This is all about Giovanni Ribisi workout routine.
Giovanni Ribisi’s Diet
Ribisi has played a lot of roles in which he had to change his appearance in some way. He had to lose weight to play Parker Selfridge in Avatar. To play Joe Colombo in The Offer, he had to gain about 45 pounds.
Giovanni is a professional actor, so he knows what he needs to eat to lose weight or gain weight in a safe, controlled way. This includes Giovanni’s usual diet when he wants to gain weight quickly.
If you want to gain weight, you should talk to a doctor and a personal trainer first to make sure you’re doing it right. Ribisi probably had a trainer or doctor keep an eye on how much he ate and how much weight he gained to make sure he didn’t do too much.
Here is Giovanni Ribisi’s diet:
- 5-egg omelet
- Peanut butter on whole wheat toast
- Fresh fruit
- Protein shake
- Glass of whole milk
- 2 sandwiches with turkey
- Macaroni and cheese
- granola and yogurt
- 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Yogurt with fruit and granola
- Glass of whole milk
- 2 grass-fed beef burgers with cheese
- Potato salad
- Macaroni and cheese
- Fresh vegetables
- 2 Turkey and cheese wraps
- Nuts and almonds
- One scoop of peanut butter
Giovanni Ribisi probably took a few vitamins and supplements to stay healthy and strong and to help him put on a healthy amount of weight for his role in The Offer.
- Whey Protein
- Mass Gainer
Also, read David Zelon Workout Routine & Diet Plan.
Giovanni Ribisi has what it takes to have a successful career in the movie business, whether he’s on TV or on the big screen. He’s also done a good job of changing his look to fit the roles he’s played.
He may not be the strongest guy in Hollywood, but he uses his body to improve as an actor, and as a result, he has played some great characters. Giovanni Ribisi can do anything well, from Saving Private Ryan to Sneaky Pete. His changes for important parts are nothing short of amazing.