Brandon Curry was the first bodybuilder to compete in the IFBB pro league’s men’s open division (born October 19, 1982). Brandon Curry is the winner of Mr. Olympia in 2019. Curry used to live in Nashville, Tennessee. Now, he lives in Los Angeles, California. When he turned six, his parents gave him a pair of dumbbells with the Hulk Hogan logo on them.
This got him interested in weight training. Later, Curry said that GI Joe, the Rocky and Rambo movies inspired him to get his body as strong as it could be. He said that he wanted to be as strong as he could be.
In this article, we will know about Brandon Curry Workout Routine & Diet Plan.
Brandon Curry Body Stats
- Date of birth: October 19, 1982
- Height: 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
- Weight: 115.5 kg or 254.5 lbs
Brandon Curry Awards & Honors
- 2003 Supernatural Bodybuilding, 1st
- 2006 NPC Junior National Championships, 2nd
- 2007 NPC USA Championships, 2nd
- 2008 NPC USA Championships, 1st
- 2010 Europa Super Show, 8th
- 2010 Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championship, 6th
- 2011 Mr.Olympia IFBB, 8th
- 2012 IFBB Arnold Classic, 7th
- 2013 IFBB Arnold Classic Brasil, 1st
- 2015 IFBB Arnold Classic, 16th
- 2017 IFBB New Zealand Pro, 1st
- 2017 IFBB Mr. Olympia, 8th
- 2017 IFBB Ferrigno Legacy, 1st
- 2018 IFBB Mr. Olympia, 5th
- 2019 IFBB Arnold Classic, 1st
- 2019 IFBB Mr. Olympia, 1st
- 2020 IFBB Mr. Olympia, 2nd
- 2021 IFBB Mr. Olympia, 2nd
Also, read Kali Muscle Workout Routine & Diet Plan
Brandon Curry Workout Routine
Brandon works out between four and five times a week, depending on how much energy he has. On Mondays, he usually works out his chest, back, and shoulders at the same time. He focuses on muscle hypertrophy by doing 10–12 slow, focused reps.
Here is an example of a recent five-week cycle for Brandon:
- Monday: Quads, Hamstrings, and Calves
- Tuesday: Back and Chest
- Wednesday: Shoulders and Arms
- Thursday: Rest
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: quads, hamstrings, and calves
- Sunday: Back and Chest
- Monday: Shoulder
- Tuesday: Back
- Wednesday: Legs
- Thursday: Shoulders and Arms
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: Thighs, Hamstrings, and Calfs
- Sunday: Rest
Cardio: 30 minutes, 5 days a week, either after a workout or in the morning.
Here is a chest workout he did with Chris Bumstead, who won the Classic Mr. Olympia, in January at Tennessee’s Carbon Culture Gym.
- Floor press machine
- Incline machine press
- Incline dumbbell fly into a press
- Seated cable fly
Curry also worked out his back with bodybuilder John Meadows (Mountain Dog) earlier in the year. Each move was done three to four times, but reps weren’t always kept track of.
- Standing V-bar lat pulldown
- Pulldown on seated V-bar cable
- Wide-grip cable pulldown for the lats
- Meadow rows
- Machine rows from a seat
- Machine pulldown while seated
- Pulldowns with stiff arms
Curry did this shoulder workout with the well-known trainer Charles Glass at the start of the year.
- Standing dumbbell lateral raises
- Barbell front raises
- Cable bent-over rear delt flys
- Shoulder press with dumbbells while sitting down
This is all about Brandon Curry Workout.
Brandon Curry’s Diet plan
Brandon has come a long way since he first started bodybuilding. He has done so because he is determined, works hard, and sticks to a strict diet. Brandon’s success has a lot to do with what he eats.
Remember, folks, if you want results, you’ll need to feed and fuel both your workouts and your recovery times. Here’s an example of how Brandon stays in great shape.
Brandon Curry eats many different things, such as:
- Eggs (mostly egg whites during the “cutting” phase)
- Fresh and frozen vegetables
- Slim meat (poultry breast, low-fat ground beef)
- Sweet potatoes
Brandon works out best when he eats oatmeal, vegetables, sweet potatoes, and rice before and after. Most bodybuilders, like him, eat most of their carbs in the morning and before working out, when their glycogen stores need to be refilled.
Brandon Curry supplements
Curry doesn’t do too many pre-workouts unless he needs to. He drinks coffee and if he needs to, a pre-workout supplement before his workouts. He works hard to get the most out of the least.
For supplements, Brandon consumes;
- Fat Burner
Also, read Liver King Workout Routine & Diet Plan