Most people believe that yoga is only meant to make our body flexible, drop weight, and have mental and emotional stability. However, there are various yoga poses for strength building, that will make your body strong, fit, and also flexible. Yoga will not only bring strength to the body and will also improve mental power. If you also require a beautiful and strong body in the comfort of your him, you should follow these yoga poses for strength and mental will.
List Of Yoga Poses For Strong And Flexible Body
Practicing yoga for strength exercises the most profound muscle in the body, making the inner core and also keeping flexibility. Here are the best yoga poses to develop core body strength.
1) Chair Pose- Utkatasana
Utkatasana is recognized as the ‘Chair pose’, as you are required to flex your knee and hip to stay in a posture that looks as if you were sitting on a chair. This pose is simple but very useful. It is a very excellent yoga pose for building endurance capacity as well.
- Strength the ankles, thighs, calves, and also the spine
- Build your stamina and persistence
- Stretches and strengthens shoulders as well as chest
- Decreases flat feet that could be caused due by tore tendon, or rheumatoid arthritis.
2 ) Garland Pose- Malasana
This pose is also referred to as ‘Garland pose’ and is similar to squat but unlike squat, you want to hold the pose for some time. This is a traditional asana with newcomers, as it is relatively simple to play. However, it is also used widely by more experienced yogis.
- Increases the pelvic floor and pelvic muscle
- Can aid to get rid of hemorrhoids
- Extends the ankles, groins, and back torso
- Tones the abdomen
3) Locust Pose- Salabhasana
This posture is commonly known as the ‘Locust Pose’, this posture helps to prep the trainees before starting some intense yoga. this pose is also very useful to get rid of the lower back pain and supports strengthening the back as a whole.
- Increases body posture
- Keeps spinal stability and a strong back
- Strengthens the muscles of the spine, buttocks, and back of the arms as well as legs
- Stretches the shoulders, chest, belly, and also a thighs
- Help reduce stress
4) Wide-Legged Forward Bend- Prasarita Padottanasana
This pose is also identified as ‘Prasarita Padottanasana’ is a simplistic yet highly effective pose for multiple purposes. This pose examines your core strength and helps to stretch your legs to the fullest. As the title goes “Wide-Legged Forward Bend”, this poses difficulties to your torso and the muscles of your legs.
- Strengthens and increases the inner and back legs and the spine
- Tones the uterine muscles
- Calms and brain and performs a soothing effect
- Reduces mild backache
5) Handstand- Adho Mukha Vrksasana
Mostly appreciated as a step and stand, this pose is one of the most advanced stages of yoga that needs balance, strength, and most importantly focus. Definitely, it is not an easy position to execute but doing one would strengthen and whole body.
- the shoulder, arms, wrist, and upper part f the body in general.
- Increases the belly and Laos reduces belly fat
- Develop a sense of balance
- Calms the brain and helps reduce stress and mental fatigue
6) Full Boat pose- Paripurna Navasana
This pose is commonly recognized as the “Boat Pose”, Paripurna Navasana requires you to sit on your sitting tone and the tail bone and stability on the tripod. This puts the burden on the core and helps to strengthen it.
- Stimulates the abdominal muscle, hip flexors, and spine
- Excites the kidneys, thyroid and prostate glands, and intestines
- Help reduce stress and fatigue
- Promotes digestion and other gastrointestinal problems such as constipation
7) Dolphin Plank Pose- Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana
This pose is just similar to a normal plank, hence the name dolphin plank pose is given. It is an intermediary-level rejuvenating yoga posture that supports the abdominal muscles.
- Increases the biceps, triceps, hamstrings, calves, abs giving you a full-toned body
- Soothes the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
- Help to avert osteoporosis
- Extends the shoulder and strengthens it as well
Yoga improves stability, balance, and flexibility. There are various poses for yoga whereas holding a pose can increase strength that makes your body fit, and also flexible.
Nonetheless, Yoga helps to increase your core strength and makes you both physically and mentally strong.